These last couple of weeks I have been working on a new set of paintings that have some really heavy texture on them. I used the stucco and PVA mixture but I had a tub of slightly old stucco that was starting to get a bit dry at the edges. However, I made the most of this by using the dried up pieces as big chunks in the paintings.
The paintings are based on some images that I have screenshotted from Google Earth. Nothing works better in my mind than using natural colours that you see in everyday nature. Ok so I tweaked them a bit and they are supposed to be abstract art not a reproduction of the image but I think they have come out quite well.